Dragaera

Map and RPGs

Richard Suitor rsuitor at cjwrfs.net
Wed Jun 5 07:57:09 PDT 2002

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002 10:42:04 EDT, Starshadw at aol.com wrote:

>One thing that I would be certain to do would be to put your copyright notice
>on the website, along with a statement to the effect that everything and
>anything belonged to you.  -thinks-  We might even be able to create
>something along the lines of an agreement that people had to agree to in
>order to be able to play (like the software licenses where you have to click
>the "I Agree" button).  Believe me, I have no desire nor intention of taking
>away your copyright.

I belong to another list similar to this one where the author comes
out to play.  Anyone can sign up for that list, but to remain on it
one has to send an email to the list saying that anything written or
any idea is offered to the list as a whole.  I thought it might be
nice, considering the purpose, to word it as offered to the author,
but that is the way it is done there.

Anyway, I applaud efforts to protect the legal rights of authors on
those occasions where their association can cause them legal risks.  I
suspect most of the participants of this list would be so willing and
perhaps you could do something similar in your system.

Richard