Dragaera

On the subject of peppers.....a warning

Starshadw at aol.com Starshadw at aol.com
Wed Jun 5 10:40:30 PDT 2002

Lords and ladies, as one who enjoys cooking, I feel I must pass on a warning
after what just happened to me.

We all know of the dangers of cooking with peppers of the hot variety and I'm
sure we all know about precuations that can be taken.  Well, even after
you've taken them, don't assume everything is OK.

This morning, I made chili.  With jalapenos.  I do not like to expose myself
to latex so I don't wear gloves.  After I was done, I of course washed my
hands well.  I scrubbed them twice with soap, then rinsed them.  Then, I went
and did a few other things - took out the trash, etc.  Then, I went into the
bathroom, washed my hands AGAIN and prepared to put in my contacts.  As soon
as that left contact hit my eye, I thought someone had poured acid onto my
eyeball.  What's even worse, of course my eye reacted instinctively, and
didn't want to re-open so I could take the contact out.  Finally, I pried the
eyelid back open and with my still-jalapeno-infested fingers get the contact
back out.

I now have a splitting headache and there is no way I will be putting
contacts in today.  So please, everyone be super-super careful.  And then be
even more careful after that - I took precautions, and still ended up in
trouble.

Yeesh.  How come Vlad never had this problem? :)

Stacy