Dragaera

RPG

FelixEisen at aol.com FelixEisen at aol.com
Thu Jun 6 02:03:16 PDT 2002

One simple system:

HellMUSH.

Considering that I'm (sort of by process of elimination) running the thing,
the system currently used by HellMUSH would -- and is -- perfect for a
Dragaera RPG.  Specific levels of attributes cost increasing XP values; the
same (though a bit less steep an incline) for skills.  Skills have 'primary'
attributes, but they are by no means exclusive -- more a 'default setting'
than anything.  Skills in various sorceries are (or would be) available,
performing general categories of things; depending on whether you're
affecting an individual in a fast-and-nasty battle, or working your will
across a barony (or a princedom), the sorcery takes a different period of
time, and can/not be particularly detailed.

Granted, tweaking would be necessary, but the system is home-grown, and is
only loosely inspired by the White Wolf and Amber Diceless systems.

Heh.  I didn't create it, but by god I enjoy it.  We even have our Sethra and
our Morollan 'reflections' there...

Me, I play Sethra.  Well, what the drek did you expect?  The best response
ever given me is saved in my notes ...

"Christ, she's cold. She gives me the creeps."
                    -- Count Micantos, regarding Hela, Princess of Niflheim.

And, of course, the greeting page mixes quotes from two great Hellish authors
-- John Milton's _Paradise_Lost_, and Steven K. Zoltan Brust's
_To_Reign_In_Hell_.

FYI --
http://www.hell.godlike.com
or