Dragaera

Another Turn of Subject

Starshadw at aol.com Starshadw at aol.com
Fri Jun 7 07:54:51 PDT 2002

I think what drove me crazy while reading Teckla (and still does although I like the book) was Cawti's behaviour.  Her "holier-than-thou" attitude made me want to strangle her.  I'm all for soul-searching and for the evolution we see Vlad begin to go through.  But Cawti's actions and words were simply horrendous and seemed out of line.  If you supposedly love someone - then you don't treat them as if they are inferior.  You help them by encouragin them, by talking things through with them, etc!  I know that there are conversations between Vlad and Cawti that we readers don't get to see, but even so, I was appalled at her treatment of her husband.

Stacy