Dragaera

RPG Draft Structure

Starshadw at aol.com Starshadw at aol.com
Fri Jun 7 09:21:32 PDT 2002

Here are the thoughts going on in my head for this.....

First off, everything will be accessed via a website.  If wanted, a domain name could be purchased for that – namesecure.com provides free forwarding so even if the site started out on Geocities or such, the domain name would forward to it.

There would be general access (meaning anyone and everyone) to the homepage and several intro pages.  Those wanting to go further (participate) would have to fill out a registration form.  Why?  Because anyone who wants to role-play has to agree to certain things which will protect Mr. Brust’s ownership/copyright of Dragaera and all things Dragaeran.  That was the stipulation for being able to do this at all.  This means than anything we create in connection to this RPG does not belong to us, but belongs to him.  The registration form allows us to keep track of this and ensure that people have read said agreement.  After registering, the person receives and username and password which lets them into the rest of the site.

Restricted access would be to maps, PC pages, NPC pages, game system info, etc.  To try and please as many as possible as well as provide multiple RPing experiences, I envision a “hybrid”  -

There would be a message board, for:

Message-based games
Character Journals
Campaign Journals
FFRP between characters
OOC talk

There would be a chat component as well:

Could be done through mIRC which allows for dice rolling
Could be done via HellMUSH (I’m certainly not discounting any chat-based means right now.  We could definitely test it and see how we like it)

The chat component would allow for both “regular” (aka structured campaigns/games using the game mechanics) and FFRP.

The FFRP would not gain characters experience; rather, it would simply be for personal enjoyment

There could easily be multiple GMs running multiple games, plus all of the FFRPing.  How is this sounding to everyone?  Comments, criticisms, thoughts, ideas, objections, etc?