Dragaera

paperbacks vs. hardcovers

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Fri Jun 7 11:45:35 PDT 2002

"Lisa Grant Coffin" <lisa at spindot.com> writes:

> In my estimation, there are three great reasons to choose hardcovers
> over paperbacks when you love the author. The third one is my
> impression, and may be wrong, but I sincerely hope not, because I've
> been doing this for years.
>
> 1. They are tactile, luxurious, and last longer.
> 2. The covers are bigger and better quality.
> 2. They give the author more money.

They're heavier to carry around or to support while reading
(especially in bed).  They're more valuable, so I have to take more
care in carrying them around.  I feel worse when I wear them out.
They take different bookshelves.  And they're more expensive.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  New TMDA anti-spam in test
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net