Dragaera

New Lists?

Starshadw at aol.com Starshadw at aol.com
Fri Jun 7 17:48:33 PDT 2002

In a message dated 6/7/2002 6:34:10 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
dragaera at juima.org writes:

> Although I think we should let the list run just a wee bit longer before
> already talking about phasing it out :)

Eh, I like both, so either works for me.  I wasn't actually voting for
getting rid of the listserv, it was only a thought to toss out since we have
already gotten 2 or 3 people talking about the mail volume. :)

(particularly if we're indeed> going to split off the group read and the RPG,
> which I think would be a
> very good idea) - I do wonder about what exactly you can't stand about
> web-based message boards. I mean, sure there are some abominations out
> there (ezBoard anyone?), but if you set a board to just do plain text
> and allow none of those annoying graphics, it does offer some distinct
> advantages over mailing lists. Particularly in that you _go_ to read the
> conversations, rather than that the conversations _come_ to you.

I do hope that once we get the RPG website up with a message board, those of
you who don't normally traffic message boards will at least traffic that one?
 Especially given that you're interested in said RPG?  I'm going to try and
have -something- up and running this weekend (I should not be saying this
because as soon as I do, some emergency will come up).

There won't be a heck of a lot of content on it yet, but maybe I can create a
link there to a freebie message board so we can start chatting there.  That
will get the RPG stuff off of the list.  I apologize that it's such a bother
to everyone.  It'll be moved soon, I promise!

Stacy