Dragaera

To be a jerk... :)

Mon Jun 10 13:58:37 PDT 2002

David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b at dd-b.net> wrote on 10 Jun 2002 14:31:42
-snip-
> Getting it in digest form can make it seem like less (fewer
> interruptions, anyway; it'd arrive once a day I believe).
-snip-

Nope.  Apparently in addition to a daily check, it also checks after
each message to see if 30 unsent messages have accumulated.  I've
already received 2 digests today.

(
  I'm in the process of switching to a new newsreader -- I want to be
  able to attach expiration dates to all of my auto-select and auto-kill
  entries.  RASFF has so much topic drift, I want to be able to kill off
  a sub-thread for 3 days or a week and then resample the subthreads.

  Lured by the promise of reading e-mail much as I do newsgroups, I
  played around with Gnus a little bit, but my initial impression of the
  interface wasn't favorable.  Undoubtedly it is configurable up the
  wazoo, so maybe in principle it could be set up to make me happy, but
  that looks like too much work for now.

  I've managed to install slrn on my iLamp, so I'll play with that and
  see how it goes.  But threaded e-mail does sound very attractive....
)

- tky