Dragaera

How did you discover ... ?

Melissa Fitzgerald meersan at mn.astound.net
Thu Jun 13 20:17:23 PDT 2002

At 06:43 PM 6/13/02 -0400, Thomas Yan wrote:
>I'm curious.  How did you discover Steve's books, and how did you
>learn of this mailing list?

The first thing I read was _The Phoenix Guards_.  I didn't know anything
about Dragaera or any of the Houses--I felt like I was peeking over
Paarfi's shoulder trying to figure out what everything meant.  I understood
none of the blithe references to thousands of years etc., and I thought
maybe a 'year' was a lot shorter in the Empire, except that didn't always
work out right.

Anyway, I was fascinated, and I moved on to _Five Hundred Years After_.
After that I read _Freedom and Necessity_.  I'm pretty new to Vlad Taltos
The Series; when I noticed the omnibus editions I picked them up.  That was
about 8 weeks ago.  Haven't read Athyra yet--I'm not willing to pay $40 for
a used paperback.  Hopefully _The Book of Athyra_ will come out soon.

Google led me to Cracks and Shards, which led me to Dream Café, which led
me here.  Great stuff.

--
m e e r s a n . "Yea, though I walk through the
- - -a t- - - .  shadow of the valley of Brust,