Dragaera

To Reign in Hell [was: How did you discover]

Fri Jun 14 10:18:57 PDT 2002

David Goldfarb <goldfarb at OCF.Berkeley.EDU> wrote on Fri, 14 Jun 2002 00:02:17

> I read _TRiH_ first and thought it was mildly clever but mostly kind of
> pointless.  (My apologies to those of you who like it, but I have to call
> them as I see them.

When I first read it, I think I found it interesting, but was
frustrated at how stupid the characters were behaving.

When I reread it recently, I liked it more.  I was more sympathetic to
the characters; it read like a tragedy.

>   I especially disliked how you could tell which
> side a given character would end up on by their name.)

That was true for about a handful of characters, but I guess for the
rest "ignorance is bliss": The names weren't familiar and didn't
strike me as obviously belonging to one side or the other...

...Oh.  Wait.

*** (potential) Spoilers for To Reign in Hell ***

How did you know Abdiel's side from his name?  Was it the "iel" suffix
-- did all such characters have the same allegiance?

- tky