Dragaera

Devera [was: protection]

Lisa Grant Coffin lisa at spindot.com
Sat Jun 15 08:32:13 PDT 2002

Gametech <voltronalpha at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have a wild ass theory at this point about Devera.

<rearrange, snip>
> Verra
> is from somewhere else I think it's mentioned she was a race that was
> enslaved to serve the Jenoine <snip>

Weren't all Dragaerans, who were created by the Jenoine, initially slaves to
them? And also, wasn't it mentioned in Issola that the gods are actually a
combination of many different types of beings, some are even Jenoine who
threw their lot in with the 'rebels' at the time of Kieron?

>which is no doubt where we can
> determine why she has an issue with them which seems to be why she is
> at first glance to be though of as one of the Gods

when someone hangs out in the Paths, sits with the gods, has Barlen for an
enemy/lover, etc, i think it's *fairly* safe to assume she's a god....
she was certainly a goddess in Brokedown Palace. (Until she was ousted from
Fenario)

> Devera is the offsrping or embodiment of Bolk (from Brokedown palace,
> the Taltos horse) and Verra.

i suppose the fact that Bolk opposes Verra doesn't mean much, lol. And,
possibly even the fact that Barlen is Verra's lover means even less.
However, I have a theory-query of my own........how about that Aliera was
pregnant when she was 'displaced' at Adron's disaster. By Mario, of course.
This leads to interesting possibilities about Devera's birth and subsequent
level of talents and abilities.

lisa grant coffin