Dragaera

The Demon Goddess

Starshadw at aol.com Starshadw at aol.com
Sat Jun 15 09:36:28 PDT 2002

VERRA SPOILERS

In a message dated 6/15/2002 10:32:02 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
geewiz at mac.com writes:

> When I read BDP long ago I assumed that Verra was called the Demon Goddess
> because of her capricious nature. But having read all the Vlad books
> perhaps this "title" derives from the fact that Verra was once enslaved by
> the Jenoine? After all, we're told that the difference betweeen a god and
> a demon is that a demon can be controlled (if you dare to try...). But
> having once been a demon (who successfully rebelled against the  Jenoine)
> she is now a god, sitting in the halls of judgement 'n all, no longer
> controlled and maybe not controllable?

Or perhaps it is meant literally - as in demons worship her (as well as
others)?  Demon Goddess could very well = Goddess of Demons which kinda makes
sense because of her enslaved past.  Mayhaps demons pray to her to be
released from their bondage/slavery.

Stacy