Dragaera

Marx and Trotsky

Steve Simmons scs at di.org
Tue Jun 18 19:35:53 PDT 2002

Steven Brust writes:

> The History of the Russian Revolution_ is a favorite of mine, but it's
> *big*--three volumes.  To me, it reads like an adventure novel; but I have
> enough familiarity with the history that I don't go screaming from the room
> in all the confusion among the "Cadets" and the "Social Revolutionaries"
> etc. etc.

Well, it's still in print and even at a reasonable price - Amazon has
a one-volume paperback for just over $25.  At 1300 pages, I assume it's
all three volumes.  Does that seem to match up with the three volumes
you have?  If so, I'll order it after we get back from vacation.
--
  ``You gotta distinguish between telling a tale for amusement, as in "Well,
there I was facing down the crowds at Riotcon...", and telling it for the