Dragaera

Continuity

Sun Jun 23 22:10:59 PDT 2002

 <content snipped>

 "Nigel Leslie" <to_nige at mail.com> responded:

 >> I've heard this theory before, and I've got to say I'm thinking it
>> sounds pretty good, that the Dzurlord is Tazendra and hence the
>> Lyorn would be Aeric.
>> The problem with this theory is that the Lyorn was throwing spells
>> around, which wasn't something that Aeric was known to do in the
>> Romances (at least the first 2 books). Maybe he's been training up?

 I don't have my copy of _Teckla_ to hand, but I believe Paresh mentions
that
this happened in the duchy of Arylle. That rather suggests that Aerich (or
his heir) is the Lyorn noble pursuing Paresh through the castle. As regards
spells, it does seem that, post the Interregnum, pretty much every citizen
does some elementary  spell casting. There is also the possibility that
Paresh was
1) exagerating his peril
2) misremembering the extent of the pursuit
3) lying
or all of the above.

 I hope we're going to find out what happened to Tazendra post the explosion
in the _Viscount of Adrilankha_.

 cheers,
Divya

 "He turned and looked upon them, and he wept very sore
As he saw the yawning gateway and the hasps wrenched off the door,
And the pegs whereon no mantle nor coat of vair there hung.
There perched no moulting goshawk, and there no falcon swung."
-- _The Lay of the Cid_, translated by R. Selden Rose and Leonard Bacon