Dragaera

"Fantasy" Films

figmentality rone at ennui.org
Thu Jun 27 11:53:41 PDT 2002

Frank Mayhar writes:
  Randi128 at aol.com wrote:
  > I have been disaapointed with many of the recent releases, namely
  > Starship Troopers. A great book could have been made into a great
  > movie.
  Not recent, but I only have one word to say about this:  Dune.
  (Poor Herbert is spinning in his grave.)

Although this is drifting off topic, Herbert noted in the introduction
to "Eye" that, given the constraints, he was fairly happy with the movie.

rone
--
Constancy of the speed of light is a conclusion, yes it is a conclusion based
on nonconvincing, irrational assumptions. WHAT IS LIGHT?! Whose light? From