Dragaera

was mario in Jhereg?

Gaertk at aol.com Gaertk at aol.com
Wed Jul 17 07:06:21 PDT 2002

In a message dated Tue, 16 Jul 2002 6:10:11 PM Eastern
Standard Time, Robert Opramolla <moghan_david at yahoo.com>
writes:

> After rereading the opener to Jhereg again myself, it is
> clear that the assassination attempt at Vlad’s Father’s
> restaurant was clearly not Mario. If Mario is as good as
> we are led to believe, Vlad would never have even noticed
> him.

I assumed the person who first asked this question was
talking about the guy Kiera was eating with, not the
assassin.

> I think the question that needs to be asked. Was the whole
> assassination as set up by Sethra/Kiera to gain the
> confidence of Vlad? He was more shocked by her kindness
> than by witnessing a murder.

I'm not sure about that scene (could have been coincidence
that Kiera was there, or Verra's doing; Vlad did pray to
her).  But I am convinced that everything in _Taltos_ was
set up to put Aliera and Morrolan in Vlad's debt.

--KG