Dragaera

Great Weapons and You (was Re: Vlad Interview Questions -- Final Version)

Fri Jul 19 10:49:30 PDT 2002

>From: "Ian sympatico" <ijamie at sympatico.ca>
>> Brad writes:

Actually, I didn't.

>> Mind, I've never been sure -how- a GW protects its wielder -- will it
>> actually stop pointy things thrown at you or increase your fencing
>> skill?  Or is it simply that it makes you a lot harder to touch/stop with
>> magic, and the whole "kill with a scratch" thing?
>>
>I can't remember which Vlad book it is or even if it is Aliera or Morrolan
>who mentions that a GW can hold the soul of it's owner and thus prevent a
>Morganti weapon from destroying it.

It is Jhereg.  They use that as a trick to get Mellar to kill Aliera
and thus force him to leave Castle Black.  Aliera gets resurrected by
the Necromancer.  (Rereading that book, it strikes me as bit odd how
many ridiculously powerful people Vlad seems to have just lying around
waiting to do stuff for him.  This gets a better later on.)

Geesh.  Am I the only person who spent last weekend rereading the Vlad
series?  The rest of you must have lives or something.

brad