Dragaera

Zelazny

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Fri Jul 19 10:58:28 PDT 2002

Steven Brust <skzb at dreamcafe.com> writes:

> At 11:01 PM 7/18/2002 -0500, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
>
> > > I expect people will recommend me the Amber books, so i'll just say i
> > > have them on my "library" list.
> >
> >Not especially.  While 9 Princes was pretty special, after that they
> >was rather weaker.  And I can really find very little good to say
> >about the second series (at least the parts I've read).
>
> For me, I'd say the first two--9 Princes and Guns.  Other than that
> nitpick, I agree.

On consideration I might go with that.  The curve may be steeper after
_guns_ than before.

I will also say that when I finally sat down and read them all
together, I found the later ones better than I remembered them from
initial readings when they were new, which was pleasant.  (There's
room to be *considerably* less good than 9 Princes and still be pretty
good, after all.)
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  New TMDA anti-spam in test
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net