Dragaera

Vlad Interview Questions -- Final Version

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Mon Jul 22 12:42:19 PDT 2002

Joshua Kronengold <mneme at io.com> writes:

> Starshadw at aol.com writes:
> >You know, I NEVER go to conventions.  I'm not big on large crowds of people
> >pushing and shoving each other, nor do I suffer from "star fever."
>
> Do people who never go to conventions really think this is what they
> are like?

There are conventions, and then there are conventions.  From what I
hear the Creation cons, for example, are pretty much as described.
But aren't what *I* mean when I say "convention" at all.

> Huh.
>
> Josh, who goes to largish parties held by friends, which largely
> consist of friends and accquaintences sitting around munching snacks
> and chatting about anything they feel like, or playing music, whether
> said friends and acquaintences work in the SF publishing industry or
> some other field...which is what he means when he says "conventions".

Yep, exactly.  A wild party blowout, for people whose idea of a wild
blowout is talking to their friends a lot.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  New TMDA anti-spam in test
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net