Dragaera

Speculation on the Orb -- SPOILERS

Wed Jul 24 16:55:27 PDT 2002

I was re-reading FHYA and the way in which Mario defeated the Orb and the
subsequent increase in the power of sorcery after the Interregnum got me
thinking. Perhaps, like the Great Weapons, the Orb is sentient and learned from
this attempt. Sethra had to use the then very experimental extreme of
teleporting herself and others to escape. Perhaps the Orb realized that had
things like teleportation and/or revivification been more easily done the
emperor could have been saved or at least possibly brought back.

Another thought: Sethra seemed to know a great deal about how the Orb
functioned. Perhaps she was more directly responsible for the Orb's increased
power.

Ken