Dragaera

SPOILERS VERRA--SPOILERS

Thu Jul 25 15:10:05 PDT 2002

> >     Having just read this bit a couple days ago, I find I still
> >     need to go back and clarify- is the Necromancer better at ALL
> >     magic than Verra, or just the particular barrier spells for
> >     keeping the Jenoine out and/or in?  It seemed to me to be the
> >     latter, rather than ALL magic.  I definitely need to reread
> >     that bit again.
>
>The quote is "Because she's better than I am." or a minor tweak of
>same.  No "better at this" involved.

Perhaps this is best thought of in the context of a law firm.  There are
partners (gods) and there are associates who might be elevated to partner
(like Sethra) based on ability/senority/whatever.   Just because you aren't
a partner/god doesn't mean that you aren't just as powerful.  We're a bit
biased in believing that becoming a god suddenly makes you more than you
were before.  Sethra was probably content to pull the strings from Dzur
Mountain and didn't want to put up with all the b.s. that comes along with
being a god.

Power is power.  Again, we are assuming that a demon like the Necromancer
wouldn't necessarily be as powerful as a god like Verra.  While it is
stated that a god can be in two places at once while a demon can't, there
may be things demons can do which gods cannot.  That doesn't necessarily
imply a limit to the potential of either demon or god compared to each other.