Dragaera

Musings, Aliera

Sat Jul 27 10:44:50 PDT 2002

Dennis Higbee wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Jose Marquez wrote:
>
> Issola Spoilers:
>

> I personally like the idea that Aliera's previous life was Drien.  Drien
> is described as "a contemporary of Kieron the Conqueror" and "the first
> Shaman who was also a warrior" (or something like that; I don't have my
> copy of _Issola_ at the moment to check against), which is close to what
> Aliera said in _Jhereg_.

That raises an interesting point. Aliera says that only those of Kieron's
blood can create Chaos (or something like that). Vlad, being of Kieron's blood
by way of his soul, is able to. Aliera, being both Kieron's sister by way of
her soul and of the e'Kieron line, is also able to. But if Aliera's previous
life was Drien, then the e'Drien clan would be of Kieron's blood and by
extension should be able to create Chaos, and Morrolan cannot. Maybe the
relationship between Drien's descendants and Kieron thins the Chaos blood too
much for it to work, though.

Jose
--
Jose Marquez