Dragaera

Spoilers for Issola

Thu Aug 1 16:07:23 PDT 2002

>To me, this argues that *if* Godslayer had existed as a unit and was
>later disassembled, that Verra and the other gods had nothing to do
>with that disassembly.  Otherwise she would have recognized the pieces.

Maybe it was done so long ago that she doesn't get jumpy anymore when she
sees a gold chain and only reacted when she saw that the chain was hostile
towards her.  The process of destroying it might have flung the component
parts away from whoever was trying to destroy it so that they'd know that
they've destroyed Godslayer, but perhaps not know what form, if any, it was
in after it got blasted.

>Conversely, the first Serioli that sees Spellbreaker knows exactly
>what it is and says it is 'not yet' a Great Weapon.  If it had been
>one in the past, he probably would have said `not at the moment'.  I
>base this opinion on the clear Serioli tendency to try and say *exactly*
>what they mean, in mind-numbing detail.

There is that, although you have to remember that it was translated into
English (or whatever language they speak), and not native Serioli, so it's
still a second language to them, although I don't believe they're as
precise as you're giving them credit for.  I'm with a previous poster in
that Godslayer has existed before, or else how would people even know that
there is something called Godslayer out there?  Are the Serioli out there
telling their kids about the boogeyman called Godslayer that will come and
claim them all (and their little diety too) should they fail to eat all
their vegetables?

>My guess is that the Jenoine saw Spellbreaker and assumed Vlad knew
>what he carried and could recombine them.  This might argue that the
>Jenoine assisted the Serioli in designing and building the Great Weapons.

I'm not going with this since the Serioli have had as much reason to
dislike the Jenoine since they're the ones who were at the root of these
Dragaerans.  Despite the enemy of my enemy is my friend stuff discussed in
Issola, I can't see the Serioli wanting to get assistance from a race who
just wants to become another set of masters over the world.

>No.  Sethra seems honestly shocked by what happened, but she immediately
>recognized the situation for what it was.

I'm in agreement there, she knew that Vlad had a powerful/useful artifact
in Spellbreaker and would have brought along anyone else with useful
equipment if they would have been handy.

Craig