Dragaera

Overcast, clue-by-fours

Mon Aug 5 15:58:00 PDT 2002

Thomas Yan <tyan at twcny.rr.com> writes:
> Joshua Kronengold <mneme at io.com> writes:
> > Thomas Yan writes:
> > >I also don't remember this.  Could you remind me where this is said or
> > >implied?
> >
> > Er...if the sky is always orange,
>
> This is what I don't remember.

Hm.  At the start of ch9 of _Teckla_, Vlad has stayed up all night:

    "When daylight began to filter down through the orange-red haze
    that Dragaerans think is a sky, I still wasn't feeling sleepy."

I think this particular sentence is ambiguous regarding whether it
means the sky is always orange...but perhaps this is, in part, because
I don't clearly remember how [visible] / [well-lit] clouds are at
night here on Earth.

Hm.  I don't remember one way or the other: Are there any moons?

As I recall, Vlad doesn't seem to pay much attention to the stars, so
who knows if that solar system has other planets that sometimes shine
more brightly than stars.

- tky