Dragaera

new guy

Tue Aug 13 16:08:07 PDT 2002

Hey everyone - I'm pleased to be a new member of this group.  I've read the first 145 posts, but I couldn't get the last group of 300.  For some reason it just sends me the header list with no other attachments.  Oh well.

As way of introduction, I offer a tidbit that may not have been discussed (at least I haven't found it on any of the fan pages, but since I haven't read the last 300 posts I could very well be mistaken).

On the topic of puns, real-world allusions and such, on pages 96-97 of Phoenix (paperback edition) Sticks is talking about people who connect musicians with inns needing musicians.  The names he reels off are:

Aisse - incompetent, liar
Phent - less incompetent, lies less, charges 2x as much
Greenbough - usually drunk
D'Rai - gets a hold on the artist and homogenises his work
Tomas, Oscar and Ramon - best of the bunch

Now I think Steve is poking fun at some book publishers here

Aisse = Ace
Phent = ?
Greenbough = ?
D'Rai = Del Rey
Tomas, Oscar and Ramon = TOR

Any ideas for Greenbough and Phent?  I'm thinking maybe record companies.