Dragaera

Sethra Lavode vs. Enchantress of Dzur Mountain

Wed Aug 14 02:22:16 PDT 2002

At 12:38 AM 8/14/2002 -0700, Sean wrote:

>Our marketing guys always assume the consumer is dumb too.  (with apologies
>to any marketing folks on the list).

The marketing guys didn't suggest the change.  Patrick suggested the
change.  He's an editor, and someone in whose judgment I have a *lot* of faith.

I agree--those who have been reading all of my books for twenty years will
not have a problem.  New readers might.  And sales staff will, and that
will have an effect on how hard they push it.  Not a deliberate effect,
but... "We also have the Enchantress of GH, DH, DZ...uh...a new Robert
Jorden book."

There are some things I think are vital, and that I will insist on.  Other
things are not important, and in those, I don't see any reason not to
accept the advice of those I trust.

Anyone who thinks Patrick Neilsen Hayden is lacking in integrety needs to
get to know the individual.  He has done more to promote and encourage
*good* science fiction than just about anyone else I can think of.