Dragaera

Sethra Lavode vs. Enchantress of Dzur Mountain

Wed Aug 14 09:02:06 PDT 2002

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 02:22:16AM -0700, Steven Brust <skzb at dreamcafe.com> wrote:
> There are some things I think are vital, and that I will insist on.  Other
> things are not important, and in those, I don't see any reason not to
> accept the advice of those I trust.
>
> Anyone who thinks Patrick Neilsen Hayden is lacking in integrety needs to
> get to know the individual.  He has done more to promote and encourage
> *good* science fiction than just about anyone else I can think of.

Amid the sound of frantic backpedalling elsewhere, I'd like to add
that I can disagree with pnh without questioning his integrity, as
I do in this case (disagree, that is).  Certainly the man has done
a great deal for the genre, and that is much appreciated.

I can't say that he's wrong in this case, either.  But I still
disagree with the change.

--
Matthew Hunter (matthew at infodancer.org)
Homepage: http://matthew.infodancer.org/index.jsp