Dragaera

Sethra Lavode vs. Enchantress of Dzur Mountain

books at bofh.com books at bofh.com
Wed Aug 14 21:50:26 PDT 2002

>The reason I'm so happy with Tor is because the people I work with there
>actually care about books--all the way from Tom Doherty to the publicity
>people--as far as I can tell, this is probably even true of the sales staff.

As a mere peon purchaser, I have had only one complaint with them.

They have a decent website.  They have a funny FAQ.  They have
no way to get ahold of them electronically.  Now, you would
think serving a geeky audience like SF they would have that.

I spent about two weeks trying to track down an address, being
forced to go through their Admin contact with the NIC before
being told it appeared they didn't have access.  Now, everyone
I dealt with was very helpful, and they even gave me an 800
number to call, so I guess I can't complain _too_ much, but
it was still frustrating.

About 2 months later I checked their FAQ again, and it gave
what the address should be (it bounced) and a 'temporary' address
while they tried to get the 'real' address fixed.  This address
succesfully masqueraded as a black-hole.

(The goal was to find out what I could do to get my copy of
_Dragon_ replaced, as the back separated from the binding
and the store I bought it from doesn't have any copies, and
apparently can't get any more.  :( )

-Jot