Dragaera

OT: bois (was: Sethra Lavode vs. Enchantress of Dzur Mountain)

Mark A Mandel mam at theworld.com
Thu Aug 15 16:45:35 PDT 2002

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Steven Brust wrote:

#<Assuming a back-to-back stance with DDB as, together and alone, we prepare
#to fight off the ravaging hoards, ready to die bravely with Strunk & White
#in our hand and a pronoun in our mouth.>

A tall, lean, pedantic chap -- with unruly light-colored hair, a great
many pockets overflowing with markers, pens, and slips of paper, and a
striped scarf that brushes the floor at both ends -- appears next to
Steve, snatches the Strunk & White from his hand, and slaps the back of
his wrist with it. "'Hordes', not 'hoards'! Or are you under attack by
heaps of hidden goods?"

-- Dr. Whom, Consulting Linguist, Grammarian, Orthoepist, and
   Philological Busybody  ;-)
   a.k.a. Mark A. Mandel