Dragaera

OT: Subjectivity vs. Objectivity (was: bois...)

Fri Aug 16 06:40:46 PDT 2002

Repeated message, because I accidentally replied only to Stacy the first time:

At 09:20 AM 8/16/2002 -0400, Starshadw at aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated Fri, 16 Aug 2002 5:12:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>skzb at dreamcafe.com writes:
>
> > I am suggesting that English is already so well supplied with imprecise
> > formulations that adding more is absurd.  Introducing changes that make it
> > easy and natural to be imprecise is not something I can
> > conceive as being a
> > positive change.
>

>Out of curiosity, Steve, are you desiring English to be a dead language,
>where it no longer evolves or adds new constructs and words at all?  This
>is not a facetious question, but an honest one.  Because that's the
>impression I'm starting to get, so I thought I'd ask and if it isn't what
>you want, you can clarify what it is you DO want and remove my confusion.

I'm not certain how many times I'm supposed to answer this.

No.

I am aware that language changes.  I reserve the right to consider some
changes good, and use them; and to consider other changes bad, and avoid
using them, and even object to them under certain circumstances.