Dragaera

OT: bois (was: Sethra Lavode vs. Enchantress of Dzur Mountain)

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Fri Aug 16 11:19:21 PDT 2002

Mark A Mandel <mam at theworld.com> writes:

> So do I, but that's not thinking in language. What about packing stuff
> into a small space? What about comparing colors and what would look good
> next to what else, or what's a good sequence of chords, or -- heck,
> Steve, figuring out how to drum to a particular song? Do you figure THAT
> verbally?

I definitely don't figure color comparisons verbally.  I only have the
"guy" list of color names (I think it's a 16-color palette); and then
overlaid on top of it the ability from years of photography and design
play the ability to say "too much red in that" or "needs a little more
green".

I have no idea how I do that; I certainly don't see images of the
colors in my head.

For that matter, I seem to have a better color memory than most people
-- I can pick things that work together from memory most of the time,
I don't need to see them side by side.  And again, it isn't based on
mental images of the colors or objects.  I hardly form mental images
at all (maybe that's why I got into photography?).

I'm one of the weird right-handed/left-eyed people.  Not sure what
that "means"; after all the brain sides map to visual field side
(inverted as usual) rather than to eye.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  New TMDA anti-spam in test
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net