Dragaera

OT: Subjectivity vs. Objectivity (was: bois...)

Steve Simmons scs at di.org
Fri Aug 16 21:04:46 PDT 2002

There's a dynamic here that just ain't gonna fly.  If we retain the
subtle distinction between various words while simultaneously adding
new words as they crop up and letting things evolve as they should,
we wind up with a language so large and complex that no-one can master it.

Hell, with English we probably reached that point centuries ago.  We're
getting like the Latin of Rome, which most Romans couldn't use correctly.
That's probably what let the goddamn barbarians in and we wind up with
beautiful Latin broken into worthless crap like French, Spanish and
Italian.

Do I need a smiley?
--
"Deconstruction is [when] a work is interpreted as a statement about itself,
using a literary version of the same cheap trick that Kurt Godel used to try