Dragaera

The *real* thing?

Mon Aug 26 16:57:30 PDT 2002

> I couldn't (and can't) hate her.  But i was certainly disappointed in
> her priorities, even though i can't particularly fault her for them.
> And let's just say that Vlad wasn't helping much, either...  But both
> were true to themselves (perhaps a little too true at times).

I was actually mostly dissapointed in Vlad in that story. Cawti had
undergone a pretty radical change, but seemed to have a clear understanding
of who she was, and what she was doing with her life. Vlad was still Vlad..
reacting, surviving, but not really *contributing*. Granted the changes
taking place in Vlad's life were painful, and he dealt with them the only
way he understood how.

I care enough about the characters to want them to rebuild a loving
relationship, but I simply can't see how that would happen after some of the
revelations in Issola. How would the new Cawti react to the idea of the
whole world being controlled by the gods? How would she feel about the
harvesting of souls that are useful for the gods purposes? What have the
gods done to manipulate her husband through his life/lives? That mess is not
going to help them reconcile.

-Greg Schwartz