Dragaera

The *real* thing?

Randi128 at aol.com Randi128 at aol.com
Tue Aug 27 07:03:39 PDT 2002

On 8-26-02 Chris Olson wrote: Am I the only Freak who didn't hate the poor
woman during Teckla/Phoenix. Refering, of course, to Cawti.

No, I have to say that I didn't hate the woman either. I thought that she was
misguided, but I harbored no ill will against her. Reletionships do not
always work out and I liked the way that Vlad was able to find love with
another Jhereg, assassin, easterner, only to lose it when she decided she
didn't want to be any of those things anymore. I think she's being a
hypocrite. Just because "she's seen the light" doesn't mean that she's right.
She reminds me of my born again christian brother in law who feels because
he's found god everyone else has to, or else. I think she's been hard on Vlad
and agree with the comments that by dumping South Andhrilanka on her, Vlad is
teaching her what it is like to be in his shoes.
       Yes i meant that she doesn't want to be an "easterner" anymore.
Easterner is a dragaeran term used to describe "humans". They are the lowest
of the low accordinf to the Dragaeran hierarchy. She wants to see an end to
class and racial distinctions.

John Barbato