Dragaera

Question for Steve

Thu Aug 22 12:16:50 PDT 2002

 Steve:

On the RPG list, a discussion has come up amongst two of us, that I hope you'll deign to resolve rather than leave it as a mystery...

In the Phoenix Guards series, the tendency seemed to be for
rapier and dagger weapons, with Tazendra's blade being the exception.

In Vlad's day, did this remain the same, or are weapons like Morolloan and Aliera's more the norm, i.e. Heavier longsword, two-handed sword weapons more the norm and rapier and dagger a thing of the past.

Or do things remain the same, where it's a sort of personal preference in regards to weapons?

Obviously, different weapon types necessitate some radically different styles to use them effectively. A greatsword versus a rapier would be thing to see, in my opinion, though it might be
a very short fight. :)

On a second note, the thought popped into my head:

Often it's mentinoned that a citizen gets a link to the orb. How is this actually done?

I mean, an Easterner can get one by becoming Teckla and Jhereg, one assumes there might be a 'spell' that masquerades as an oath or something. Is that the case, or is it more complicated? Just curious....

 - Barb