Dragaera

Meta: Mailing list delivery problems?

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Fri Sep 27 10:53:20 PDT 2002

Nytemuse <nytemuse at auros.org> writes:

> On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, David Silberstein wrote:
> > I am curious to know if I am the only one seeing very long delays
> > (more than a day, in some cases, and often out of order) in the
> > delivery of messages from the Dragaera mailing list.  Is anyone else
> > out there having problems?
>
> I've been having problems for at least a month now with delays, posts
> coming WAY out of order, and even getting multiple posts when I can't see
> multiple addresses in the header.  It's possible they got BCC'd somehow,
> but I got 4 copies of 1 message yesterday/today, which seems excessive.

I did too, and they're in the archive; I think that was a sender
glitch rather than a mailing list glitch.

I checked all the deliveries to you in the logs yesterday, and none of
they got deferred or had any errors.  They may have been delayed in
*starting* by volume of traffic, but once it got around to trying to
reach you, it got through okay.  For what that's worth.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net