Dragaera

Dark Water (was: Souls and Great Weapons)

Tue Oct 8 14:43:05 PDT 2002

Actually, that's not strictly true.  There was a discussion between Vlad
and Savn about places of power, presumably where prior magics had been
performed, they mention that the place that Loraan did his necromatic
work would probably be one of those places. One could assume that the
water flowing through caves where "necromancy" has been performed
extensively, taints the water, and for some reason exposure to "light"
(light confuses the issue, given the "overcast") mitigates the effect.

Or the water isn't different at all.  Undead simply have an aversion to
water contained (which makes me want to go offer Kiera a glass of
water!).

Hmm.  Was the water flowing? I can't remember.  Or was it in stagnant
pools?  That could be the critical difference, and actually, I've read
something besides a Vlad novel where stagnant water was significant with
undead/magic (I no longer recall what, though).

Iain