Dragaera

Souls and Great Weapons (warning, Issola spoilers)

Tue Oct 8 18:24:21 PDT 2002

Craig wrote:

> Another thought is that Morrolan chose not to destroy Loraan, and
> instructed Blackwand not to take his soul.  They just killed him, the
> family dumped him over Deathsgate and then he crawled out as an undead
> instead of going to the Halls of Judgement.

The really interesting thing is of course the fact he is undead.

***********Mild Spoilers for Issola****************************

According to Sethra in Issola, being Undead means that the Gods have
further uses for you in this life. I am not sure someone can become
undead without the Gods allowing it[1]. So that raises the question
"What was Loraan still to do in his current life?"

Personally I think Verra sent him back to annoy Vlad[2]:)

Andrew.

[1] Caveat: I don't include Demons in this statement.

[2] Not that Verra necessarily wants to annoy Vlad, its just that Vlad
expects her to , so she obliges. Also I think there may be other
motives, like Verra trying to create experiences in Vlads life that
alter his outlook.