Dragaera

Pictures

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Sun Oct 20 23:47:24 PDT 2002

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002, Nytemuse wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Oct 2002, David Silberstein wrote:
>> Er.  Is this how a jhereg should look?  I don't like the way the
>> scales stick up.
>>    http://members.limitless.org/~morpheum/jhereg.jpg
>
>Um, I was always under the impression that a jhereg should like like this:
>http://www.crowfire.com/images/brust.gif

I believe Steve has stated that none of the cover artists' renditions
were what he had in mind - frex, the jhereg's head is supposed to be
more snakelike (which is what I think the artist that I linked to was
trying to do).

<*greps & googles...*>

Here's the cite:

 http://dragaera.info/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?1:msp:174:gknlagjinepdjbcnnkjc

] As I've said before, I think the covers are wonderful, but neither
] Vlad nor Loiosh look in the least the way I envision them.  [...]
] (In my own vision of Loiosh, he has two legs, is smaller, smoother,
] his head is more snakelike, and his wings more batlike).

See also:

 http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=YzL61.1260$E34.5680889@ptah.visi.com

(While searching for cites, I turned this up, which is also amusing):

 http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=QYn22.1765$i63.6005491@ptah.visi.com

] As a matter of fact, Loiosh is a transliteration of the
] Hungarian Lajos, which was the name of a dog my father had as a
] child. And the bio is wrong--we changed the parrot's name to Lojo
] upon discovering that she wasn't quite as masculine as we had first
] thought.

So now we know how Loiosh's name should be spelled in Fenario.  :-)