Dragaera

OT: Silly Food Songs

Gaertk at aol.com Gaertk at aol.com
Mon Oct 21 12:30:38 PDT 2002

In a message dated 10/20/2002 8:21:31 PM Eastern Standard
Time, Joshua Kronengold <mneme at io.com> writes:

> Gaertk at aol.com writes:

>> In a message dated 10/19/2002 9:35:34 PM Eastern Standard
>> Time, Mark A Mandel <mam at theworld.com> writes:

>>> Song: Carrot Juice Is Murder.

>> I've heard one whose title may be "Don't Slay that
>> Potato".
>
> (from Carrot Juice is Murder):
>
> How low do we have as people to stoop,
> Making young broccoli bleed in the soup?
> Untie your beans, uncage your tomatoes,
> Let cabbage plants free, don't mash that potato!

Similar, but not the song I was thinking of.  IIRC, here's
the refrain of the one I'm thinking of:

:Oh, no, don't slay that potato, let us be merciful please!
:[maybe a line ending in "cheese"]
:Don't fry it or (shake?) it, for God's sake don't bake it!
:Don't shed the poor blood, of that poor helpless spud,
:It's the worst kind of thing you could do.
:Oh, no, don't slay that potato, what never done nothin to you.

Does Mr. Brust have any favorite food songs he wants to share
with us?

--KG