Dragaera

Wheel of Taltos (was Brandy)

Tue Nov 19 17:34:20 PST 2002

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 08:19:06PM -0500, Chris Turkel <zizban at adelphia.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 19, 2002, at 07:33 PM, Matthew Hunter wrote:
> >I have bribed bookstore employees, bugged the storerooms,
> >planted webcams with a view of the "New Releases" section,
> >pestered the website support staff, debugged the B&N stock
> >database, taught principles of search engine usage to
> >centenarians, AND I STILL DO NOT HAVE THIS BOOK.
> >This expression of frustration is dedicated to Tor, the
> >publishers who keep us in loving agony.
> The release date is 12/01..relax ;-)

Not when I've found a bookstore (which shall remain nameless to
protect the innocent) that still has it listed as a November
release.  The books have to be delivered early in order to have a
coordinated release, and if the employees don't know enough not
to give it to me right off the delivery vehicle...

Someday I will run a bookstore for exactly this reason.

--
Matthew Hunter (matthew at infodancer.org)
Homepage: http://matthew.infodancer.org/index.jsp