Dragaera

A question re: Beginning Fantasy for Youth

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Mon Nov 25 08:36:31 PST 2002

"Casey Rousseau" <casey at trinityhartford.org> writes:

> As for Kurtz, yes, I was explicitly recommending the first two trilogies.

That's about right.  Either that or just the first 1.  I'd be very
doubtful about anything past that, anyway.

> Wow.  People feel strongly about Donaldson!

True.  Well, about his *books*.  From what little I've seen of him
personally, he's not only a generally nice man, he even expresses all
the right attitudes (i.e. he agrees with me) in philosophy-of-writing
discussions.  I just can't stand the books he writes.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net