Dragaera

A question re: Beginning Fantasy for Youth

Mon Nov 25 10:02:04 PST 2002

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 10:36:31AM -0600, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b at dd-b.net> wrote:
> "Casey Rousseau" <casey at trinityhartford.org> writes:
> > As for Kurtz, yes, I was explicitly recommending the first two trilogies.
> That's about right.  Either that or just the first 1.  I'd be very
> doubtful about anything past that, anyway.

That's odd.  IMHO they get better, rather than worse.
Particularly the first trilogy -- it's very rough, obviously an
early and unpolished set of books.

But then, I am a bit of an occultist myself, so I speak Kurtz's
language regarding the endless use of ritual magic by the Deryni.
That's such a large component of the later books that anyone not
on her wavelength would find it rough going.

--
Matthew Hunter (matthew at infodancer.org)
Homepage: http://matthew.infodancer.org/index.jsp