Dragaera

A question re: Begining Fantacy for Youth

Tue Nov 26 04:12:28 PST 2002

>The *are* in many clear ways male-centric, and at least one friend
simply can't read them for that reason.  On the other
>hand, it was in one of the Skylark books that Dorothy insists on
strapping on her guns and going with Seaton on a critical
>mission, and makes him accept it, and makes him acknowledge afterwards
that that was where she belonged.  Even though they
>had a young child (left with safe reliable people at the time).

And in the 2 Galaxy Primes books, the males & females are equal.  The
female Earth prime is (what would now be called agressively feminist).
It didn't strike me when I first read the books, because the Women's lib
movement was just getting started.  The books were however quite old
even then.

Regards

Mark