Dragaera

A question re: Beginning Fantasy for Youth

Tue Nov 26 07:09:55 PST 2002

At 8:57 -0600 26.11.2002, Davis, Iain E. wrote:

 > Hmm....which reminds me.  Can anyone remember a book titled "Damiano's
 > Lute"? One book of a trilogy that I can't remember the author or the
 > other titles. I guess I should go look it up. :)

MacAvoy!  Roberta A. MacAvoy.  I was going to recommend those in the Youth
Fantasy category as well, although I think I didn't read them until 8th
grade.  She's a very talented author, IMHO, but she hasn't written a whole
lot.  There's also her Book of Kells, as well as a very hard-to-find
"Nazhuret" series, and of course the Tea With a Black Dragon - Twisting the
Rope set, in addition to the Damiano trilogy (Damiano, Damiano's Lute,
Raphael).  All, I would think, excellent for a young teen, though perhaps
not quite an 11-year-old, depending on maturity level, of course.  I
*adored* the Damiano trilogy when I read it, but I haven't reread it in
years, so I don't know how it stands up for an adult.

- Nancy.