Dragaera

Damiano's Lute

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Wed Nov 27 09:37:44 PST 2002

Andrew McGuigan <ajmcguigan at yahoo.com> writes:

> I think we are discussing more man's interest in
> religion (or mathematics) than his achievements.
> David seemed to be saying it's not believable that
> there would be interest in religion (or, as I prefer
> it, spirituality) in the far future, since we would
> have explained everything with science that religion
> sought to answer.  I think there are questions that
> are unanswerable by science

I'm not saying it's isn't conceivable, or believable, that there would
be religion.  Just that I thought there wouldn't be.  Actually, that I
*hoped* there wouldn't be, because religion makes the world a worse
place.

Religion is a bad source of answers for moral questions.  By relating
things to outside absolutes, it loses any sanity-check on the
results.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net