Dragaera

Domino's Lute

Lydia Nickerson lydy at demesne.com
Wed Nov 27 13:19:47 PST 2002

At 09:34 PM 11/26/02 -0400, Loki wrote:

>Perhaps this: A systematic set of spiritual beliefs? Of course, that still
>rules out atheism, as atheism is not a set of beliefs, but a single
>supposition.

Religion has to be systematized, I guess.  I would lump religion and
individual spirituality into one category for this discussion.  I tend to
use the word religion to mean "the belief in the Invisible world."  Not a
belief in the unknown, but rather the unknowable.  Every kind of
superstition, UFOs, psychics, all the belief systems that fail under
scientific scrutiny, or cannot be subjected to scientific
verification.  Visions, flying through the air, foretelling the future,
cursing one's enemies, the list is long, indeed, and I haven't even touched
on the "normal" religions.  Me, I've indulged in any number of these, but I
don't believe them.  I just fail to disbelieve a number of them.  As a
militant agnostic, I'm a bit fuzzy around the edges.

Lydia Nickerson	lydy at demesne.com
Dulciculi Aliquorum