Dragaera

Damiano's Lute

Wed Nov 27 22:39:14 PST 2002

At 06:58 PM 11/27/2002 -0600, Mia McDavid wrote:
>SKBZ says that the gods are shrinking.
>
>Maybe so, but look at it the other way.  God is growing.  There used to be
>a sun god and an earth god and a thunder god, etc. etc.  Each god had
>his/her own little niche in ordering the world.
>
>Now we have God, creator of the galaxies, who yet numbers the hairs on our
>heads.

You've left out a few steps.

There is the creator, who yet numbers the hair on our heads, and sees (and
controls) the fall of every sparrow.  He sometimes screws up, but that's
what miracles are for.

Then there is the creator who did just that: Started the ball
rolling.   Set up the laws. After that, things worked well on their own
(we're done with miracles now).

Then there's the God who exists because, well, "There has to be *something*
out there!"

Then there's God who exists because otherwise "life has no meaning."

See what mean?

Not much left of the poor bugger who was once every rock and tree and
turnip, is there?