Dragaera

Ol' Time religion (was Daminano's Lute)

Frank Mayhar frank at exit.com
Fri Nov 29 12:12:52 PST 2002

Andrew McGuigan wrote:
> --- Frank Mayhar <frank at exit.com> wrote:
> Well, if you would not assume that I didn't read what
> you wrote, but simply failed to understand your point,
> this would be a more pleasant discussion.

You're right.  I apologize.  I thought I was clear enough, but apparently
your mileage differs.

> Ok, so not everyone who believes in their religion or
> their God is crazy, just those who get upset when it's
> threatened?

I know a number of well-adjusted religious folk who are not threatened at
all by alternative viewpoints, or even by my assertion that they're nuts
for believing in such claptrap.  Someone who reacts very emotionally, though,
has something more going on than just the belief itself.  There are those
annoying Underlying Issues.

> I *don't* have a drinking problem, I have a *stopping* problem. :)

Hey, admitting it is the first step to getting over it. :-)

(*heh* "Christians Anonymous," anyone? :-)
--
Frank Mayhar frank at exit.com	http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/