Dragaera

The Religion Debate

Fri Nov 29 19:40:14 PST 2002

 Frank Mayhar <frank at exit.com> wrote:

"Easy to ignore?" Where have _you_ been living?

As for me, I have been living in SE Texas, which is the BUCKLE in the Bible Belt.  Yes, I have had religion affect me negatively, especially the Christian religion.  I *still* find it pretty easy to ignore 90% of the time.

My family still sends me "God Loves You" based e-mails.  I delete them.  I learned long ago not to try to talk them out of sending them to me. <shrugs>

Since religion is considered a faux pas topic of conversation out in the world, I have found it more than easy to ignore it in polite circles.  In other circles, such as work, I have found even less of a reason to share my religious preferences as my sexual preferences.  Work makes a sparkling conversation topic at work.

As for being insulted by national figures on public television?  Well, I have yet to take anything said on television personally.  How can someone who does not know me insult me?

Peace,

Caliann

*Owned and Operated by the Grand Poohbah Cheese of the Universe*

"Offense theives. -- they take it when it isn't offered." --Tom Digby